Have you been hearing your body snap, crackle, and pop as you maneuver your way through everyday activities? Or perhaps it’s a less auditory signal, as you feel pain in the knees or hips while walking. While popping noises aren’t necessarily a bad thing- usually they are just pockets of air being released as a ligament sliding over an uneven surface- the pain can signal a problem! Here are a few sources of relief and ways to avoid exercise-related injuries to the joints.
Most adults experience joint pain due to normal wear and tear. Here are some natural foods that fight off inflammation and swelling in the joints:
- Fatty Acids: If there’s one thing we do know- Omega-3s are nature’s cure for pretty much everything. They protect your memory, boost your mood, and help fight inflammatory responses in the body. Your best sources are coldwater fish like: salmon, tuna, herring, sardines; as well as green vegetables, nuts, and whole grains.
- Anti-oxidants. Your other best vitamin profile, anti-oxidants fight free radicals in the body that can cause joint pain. The powerful four antioxidants are Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Selenium. Just remember, they are your ACES– and your best route to good health.
- Vitamin A foods: Chalk full of Beta Cartone. When you think Vitamin A- just think orange foods- apricots, carrots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes are all high in Vitamin A.
- Vitamin C foods: Many of your citrus fruits: grapefruit, tangerines, oranges, as well as mangoes and raspberries as well as vegetables like red bell pepper and asparagus
- Vitamin E: Soothing, creamy foods that are higher in fat: Ginger Root, Avocadoes, sunflower seed butter, almond butter
- Selenium: Selenium helps DNA repair and can be found in salmon, brazil nuts, oats, and brown rice
If you’ve adjusted your diet and believe you may need some stronger aid, another great supplement to incorporate is chondroitin glucosamine. Found at most GNC or health food stores, chondroitin is often bonded with glucosamine and then another supplement like MSM or Hyalorunic Acid to create a power combination that helps build up the cartilage between joint and bone. By building the cartilage, you will help make movements more fluid and smooth, as chondroitin helps keep cartilage healthy by absorbing fluid, mostly water, into the connective tissue. Chondroitin also helps to block enzymes that break down cartilage. Both Chondroitin and Glucosamine are naturally produced in the body, and when taken through supplements are often derived from animal sources like: whale cartilage, and shellfish shells, while chondroitin supplements are generally made from cow cartilage. You can also find vegan supplements that are created in a lab.
Always do your research and consult your doctor to decide what is right for you! Things to look for if you do do research: What is the animal derivative the source comes from? Is it bound with other vitamins? Will it react poorly with current medication? Does your healthcare professional recommend it?
Deep Blue products by Doterra are also a great source of relief with therapeutic grade certified pure essential oils. Coming in the form of pure oil (to be mixed in your carrier oil of choice), roller ball, lotion, and capsule – this blend of oils include Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus. Together these oils soothe and calm the inflamed area, increase blood circulation for healing, reduce bruising, and speed up muscle recovery!
We hope this article sheds some light on a new health topic of interest. We’re always interested to know…what questions do you have related to health and wellness? We’re here to help!
To order Deep Blue Doterra products, please contact MPS or Central Core to place your order.